The Chequers Inn dates back to the 15th century and was originally separate houses built in local brick. It still retains all the character of an old English pub with low beams, friendly local atmosphere and open fires when the weather turns chilly. The well-kept beer garden provides pleasant drinking in the summer with a thriving Aunt Sally team and children’s tree house. There is also a fair Darts team.
- Hook Norton - a quality all round ale ABV 3.4%
- Black Sheep - a quallity beer from up north ABV 3.8%
- Adnams Hobgoblin Ale - powerful, full bodied, well balanced brew. 5.0%
- John Smiths - reliable beer ABV 3.8%
- Cask - Arkells: 3B and 2B
- Occasionally others brews.